That, Arnav is going to school is old news. I have cribbed; cried, vented & shared the news here last week so won’t bore you with it again. But with him joining school a lot of small changes have happened around me
- My waking up time from 6:45 AM has moved to 6:15 AM which I am now trying to improve. Trying to get up at 6 from tomorrow.
- The lunch & the breakfast now are ready by 7:15 AM. I want it to be ready by 7 thus the need to wake up early.
- Once I am done with the kitchen chores I take on the brat who has started getting up early and 99% of the time he wakes up on his own. We go through the rigmarole of brushing/ potty/ bathing in a jiffy. He who used to do nakhra over brushing & always had a trouble over potty is a changed boy *Touchwood*. With a history of constipation we always had serious issues with Arnav’s bowel system but my 15 day break has helped him a lot. I managed to potty train him and thankfully with little persuasion & by dangling the carrot of “I will tell you the story of Lightning McQueen” I drag him to the loo. Rest as they say is history.
- Another big change that has happened is with my Father in Law. He had learned driving 4-5 years back and though he never did really enjoy it but he used to drive in Jabalpur. When they moved in with us he used to drive occasionally but once we moved to this new place he had given it up completely. No amount of persuasion/ requests from Hubby, MIL or me would budge him. His excuse was I cannot drive/ the roads are not good/ traffic is too much etc. But 3 days before Arnav started his school he said he will drop him and there was no need to go for a bus service. While were ok with it the big question was how would he manage during rains? Needless to say we had assumed that he was planning to take him on the scooter. To our utter amazement & surprise he said he will drive the car. Without going into the finer details, let me tell you that in flat 3-4 days he was back to driving and though he feels he needs more practice the truth is that he has done what we had deemed as impossible. Trust me it has lifted such a big weight off my shoulders that I cannot tell you. As far as he is concerned he feels that he is doing something meaning full and in his own words because of this one activity his day has become shorter.
- As I get ready early I have started leaving early for work and thus try to come back early. Flexible timings are being used nicely by me ;-)
- Because of the changed timings I start feeling sleepy as the day closes to end. Arnav, who used to drain me out by taking hours to sleep, now sleeps within 10 minutes. Benefits of going to school ;-)
- Not related to brat’s resuming school but a big change that I am trying to bring in me is that I have started taking green tea in evenings. This effectively curbs the impulse of having a cappuccino in the afternoon and I also reduce the calorie intake a win-win situation. That reminds me of the GM Diet. Sorry for not updating about it earlier, I managed to complete 6 days and gave up on the 7th because I knew that one more day of only paneer would have killed me. I managed to lose 3 to 3.5 kgs.
- I am also planning to change my blog template. I feel it is time for something new. What say?
- There are many changes that are happening in Brat but that deserves a whole post in it self. But to put in few words, he has started enjoying school No crying, he just latches on to me or in his words "aapse chippak loon" just before leaving but otherwise gives no trouble and takes no trouble. He has even started finishing his dabba.
Will you believe that this is my 497th post? Ha!!!! I should plan a celebration for 500th post but I might forget that I am publishing the 500th post so let me take this occassion (because I remembered) to thank you guys for...
For being my readers & more.
For hearing me out.
For listening to my sometimes juvenile stories.
For reading through my Salman Khan love.
For being patient and coming back even when I didn’t update regularly.
For commenting even when I have not been replying to your comments. It means a lot.
For being there with me.
This place is nothing without you guys!
This place is nothing without you guys!